Más del viral de The Dark Knight Rises: Lucius cree que hay problemas en Wayne Enterprises

Imagen de The Dark Knight Rises / El Caballero Oscuro: La Leyenda Renace (2012)
El marketing viral de “The Dark Knight Rises” ha resucitado con mucha fuerza en los últimos días, y tras varias webs viral y otros deetalles, nos llega una carta que Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) le escribe a Bruce Wayne (Chris Bale) de su puño y letra para informarle de una situación preocupante de cara a la compañía Wayne Enterprises, en donde las cosas no están funcionando tan bien como antes, y empiezan a surgir rivalidades internas.
La carta se ha filtrado en unas imágenes, pero dada la dificultad para entender la letra os traigo la transcripción en inglés y un pequeño resumen en español.
Algún spoiler menor habría en la carta, aunque nada revelador.
En la carta, Lucius le informa a Bruce de los problemas que están teniendo en la compañía. No sólo oprque los ingresos están viéndose reducidos (y por tanto se mira más al detalle los gastos de las diferentes áreas de la empresa), sino porque los gastos del áera de Investigación y Desarrollo van en aumento, por lo que Fox se ve en la posición de tener que responder a algunas preguntas, principalmente sobre un proyecto de energía que está realizando Bruce.
Lucius le propone así que Bruce dé más detalles a los inversores sobre el proyecto, y lo que éste supondrá para la ciudad de Gotham. Además le propone que se les explique que Bruce ha decidido ocupar el lugar de su padre, y usar sus recursos y los de la empresa para apoyar a la ciudad.
Le explica que si bien no habría problemas en explicar lo que está sucediendo, sí que podría haber problemas si no lo hace, y más con su ausencia. Explicando que si va a estar ausente mucho tiempo, puede ocurrir lo mismo que intentó Bill Earle (lo visto en “Batman Begins” en su intento por vender la empresa en bolsa), asegurando que un tal John Daggett podría ser un problema en ese aspecto.
Finalmente concluye que hay una serie de circunstancias que requieren un cambio. Si bien le dice que el cambio no es malo en la mayoría de las circunstancias, pero en este aspecto sí que está preocupado.
Carta de Lucius Fox a Bruce Wayne en The Dark Knight Rises (2012)Dear Bruce,
I hope this letter finds you well. Although I would have liked to have had this conversation with you personally, Alfred tells me I am better off writing as you are not receiving any visitors at the moment. That being the case, I’ll do my best to detail what I feel is becoming a situation within the company.
It’s a given that in the current economic climate our investors have become increasingly concerned about how their money is being spent. As such, our own profitability is being judged and analyzed, particularly by the Board itself. In the past, we haven’t given them any reason to worry as both our earnings and spending have been consistent. This allowed us the autonomy to dedicate resources to Wayne philanthropic programs as well as our own R&D endeavors. But over the past five quarters, our earnings have been on the downtrend. Meanwhile, our R&D spending has been on an astronomical uptrend. And as the black grows fainter around the entire company, I am being put into a position where I have to answer certain questions, particularly about your energy project.
No one is going to dispute the fact that innovation is key to our growth and success. It’s a mainstay of our business, which is all the more reason why the Board has begun to scrutinize our R&D budget and set their sights on your machine. Since they don’t know exactly what you’re up to, all they understand is a vast amount of capital is being spent on something they now deem as fruitless – quest for clean energy. Herein lies the problem.
The last time we spoke, you expressed your reluctance to move the project forward and initiate the next phase of trials. I understand your argument as to why. But if you want the company to continue to fund your efforts, I think it is time we give the Board more than just the overview they already have, enlightening them on what this project will mean to Gotham if you are successful. On a personal note, I’d also like to let them know that with age, Bruce Wayne has decided to fill his father’s shoes, using Wayne Enterprises and all its resources to readily and reliably support our city.
Nothing bad can come from this, Bruce. But if you decide not to address the issue at hand, I am not sure how long I can keep the Board at bay. Making matters more difficult is your absence. I am assuming you have your reasons for it and it is not my job to question those, but I fear that if you are going to drop off the radar for an extended period of time, we may risk another Bill Earle situation. I can see a couple [of] Board Members already maneuvering to build influence around the table, most notably John Daggett, who I feel is the last person we want to engage in a power struggle.
When I agreed to take on this role I knew full well what the job and our agreement entailed. I am also well aware of your preferred ways of handling all matters relating to Wayne Enterprises However, I must tell you that we are quickly approaching a set of circumstances that will unfortunately call for a change if we do not address the Board. Change in most instances is not a bad thing, but in this regard I am worried. I’m sure you consider my pessimism to be just another part of my charm. That may be the case, but let’s remember: you didn’t hire me for my charm.
I look forward to hearing from you.
With luck it will be in person.
Regards,
Lucius Fox

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario